Ghosts and Ghouls
A long history of murder, hangings and plague has left a haunting legacy on the city of Edinburgh. Our GHOSTS & GHOULS tour will take you a journey around the eerie old buildings and dark narrow closes of the Old Town, where you cloaked ghost guide will reveal the true stories and terrifying secrets of Edinburgh’s gruesome past.
- Who had their life saved by the Bodysnatchers?
- What noise can be heard beneath the city’s streets after dark?
- Where in the city did the longest hanging in history take place?
Descend into the Underground Vaults beneath the South Bridge, and as you are led through candlit passages into dark, gloomy chambers, your ghost guide will tell you tales of those who once occupied these Vaults and perhaps still do….
- Where are the rooms that are reputed to be haunted?
- What have our visitors seen and heard in the Vaults?
- Who is the terrifying spirit who does not want YOU down there
- Why would the electric lights fail?
This dramatic tour combines the finest storytelling, the most gruesome and ghostly history and the best Underground Vaults, resulting in an unforgettable experience.